Melbourne - Zion

The Chapel was built in around 1880, although a church already existed in the area, Mr J Chandler being the prime mover in the building work. The Gospel Standard magazine was sent out and distributed from Melbourne as early as 1900. The late pastor, Mr G Seymour also ministered at Geelong, 50 miles away. In 1994, the phone system was set up by Mr R Wheatley so that the people at Geelong and Ryde could phone into the services.
Text and photo courtesy of Alan Rayner