Chapels

Attleborough - Jireh

In 1853 services were held in a house and as numbers increased a small ribbon …

Bedford

Photo courtesy of Winston Flavell.

Biddenden - Ebenezer

Baptists had been worshipping in Biddenden since about 1660 in barns and houses…

Birmingham - Salem

Friends first met in a chapel in Bartholomew Street which was opened in 1791. D…

Blunham - Providence

In around 1840 a number of people had to leave the 'Old Baptist Meeting' becaus…

Brabourne Lees - Zion

Services were held in cottages in Brabourne and Aldington and a Chapel was buil…

Brighton - Galeed

Friends met for many months in a private house in Windsor Street with Mr H Whit…

Bromley - Rehoboth

In December 1908, a strict Baptist cause was founded by Mr. Patterson of West N…

Charlesworth

It is regretable that there is not much information regarding this cause as to …

Coppice

The cause seems to have started in the early 1790s in the Baptist Chapel in Bon…

Cradley Heath - Ebenezer

In 1902 some of the church and congregation parted from Spring Meadow Chapel an…

Cranbrook

The church was formed in 1780 by some who left the General Baptist cause at a p…

Dartford - Zion

Zion chapel was opened in 1794 and over the years the cause had several pastors…

Eastbourne

In 1853 a few friends met in a room in South Street and in 1864 a Wesleyan Chap…

Evington

In 1811, some friends left the Parish Church and commenced services in a loft o…

Fenstanton

There has been a baptist church in Fenstanton since the 1640s and over the year…