Croydon - Tamworth Road

The actual commencement of this cause can be traced back to 1721
when a house was licensed for worship. A Chapel was soon built in a
place called 'Pump Pail' in 1729. As this congregation increased over
the years, a larger building was needed and the present Chapel in
Tamworth Road opened in 1867. A new school room was built in

  1. Photo and text courtesy of Andrew Raynor.