The Old Baptist Chapel began when there was a separation from the Independent Chapel in Emery Lane when there was a disagreement over baptism and doctrine. The present Chapel was built in 1804. As many of the Wiltshire Chapels do not have a baptistry, they come to Chippenham for this Ordinance service. Both Mr T Robbins and Mr S Champion left to become pastors at Zion Chapel, Leicester.
The Chapel stands in a narrow lane on the north side of the market square.
Photo and information with courtesy of Alan Rayner.