Staplehurst - Providence

The building was originally erected as a barn but was converted and registered as a Meeting House in 1752. It was sold to the General Baptists in 1793, and in 1838 was bought by the founders of the present cause. The church was formed in 1839. During the Second World War, the Chapel suffered damage and the present steel frame was incorporated and the interior was converted as it appears today. In 1996 Mr Seymour left to take up the pastorate at Zion Chapel Melbourne, Australia.
Text and photo courtesy of Alan Rayner.