Also known as Gower Street Memorial Chapel.
A committee formed a church in the 1800's and a Chapel was built in 1820 and became a Baptist Church in 1843. In 1919 the lease was due to run out and the friends looked for another site. At about the same time, Soho Chapel in Shaftesbury Avenue was put up for sale.This was bought and the opening services were held in 1917. For many years the Gospel Standard annual meetings were held here.The Chapel closed in 2003.
Photo and text courtesy of Alan Rayner.