Friends met for many months in a private house in Windsor Street with Mr H White as pastor. Galeed Chapel was built in 1868 and the church was formed in 1869. Mr H White died within a year of the Chapel opening, and Mr J Dennett left after a period of only six months into his pastorate. At Mr J K Popham's Jubilee services in 1932, there was a congregation of 1,400 people attending. The services were held in the Countess of Huntingdon's Chapel. It is interesting to note that Mr J K Popham was the pastor for a period of 55 years.
Text and photo courtesy of Alan Rayner.