Also known as Shaw's Corner.
Mr J Hatton is a name that will always be associated with Hope Chapel. He was formerly the pastor at Smallfield Chapel and preached at Station Road Chapel, Redhill on Lord's Day evenings. Some friends in the Redhill and Reigate area hired a room until a new Chapel was built in 1876 with Mr Hatton as pastor. During the Second World War, all the windows of the Chapel were shattered an hour after the morning service had finished. In 1965, a new and lighter-weight roof was built as there was concern regarding the safety of the walls and roof.
Text and photo courtesy of Alan Rayner.