It is regretable that there is not much information regarding this cause as to its formation. Friends met in a house before being formed into a church in 1816. They met in Little Mills in 1821 and in Shapley Mills in 1824 until the present Chapel was built in 1835. The trust deeds specify the sole use of the Authorised Version of the Bible. Mr W Gadsby's tombstone now stands in the Chapel grounds after it was moved from Manchester.
Text and photo courtesy of Alan Rayner