South Chard - Bethel

The church was formed in 1836 when 9 people were baptised by Mr Money. Until 1909 when the present Chapel was built they met in the Medieval Chapel known as St. Margarets. This was presumably rented until 1886 when it was bought by the trustees for £80. The Old Chapel which is still standing has been converted into a holiday home.
Text and photo courtesy of Alan Rayner.

Subscribe
Filter

There is nothing here right now, check back soon...