In 1811, some friends left the Parish Church and commenced services in a loft over a stable. No church was formed, neither did they unite with any denomination. After a few years, some cottages were demolished and the present Chapel was built in 1838. The building was closed for repairs in January 1881 and re-opened in the April under the principles of the Strict Baptist Churches.
Photo and text courtesy of Alan Rayner.
This chapel was not on the Gospel Standard list of chapels from 2015.