The first Baptist congregation began in 1815 on an unknown site in the village. The church book states that the church was formed in 1818. In 1862, the Chapel which had up to that time been in the hands of the Manor of Oakington, became freehold. In May 1865, the Chapel was burnt down and services were then held in a barn in the High Street until the present Chapel was opened in October 1865. In 1922, toilets were built at the back of the building and in 1993,extensive improvements were made. In 1999, re-decoration and improvements to the lighting were carried out.
Text and photo courtesy of Alan Rayner.