In 1844, Providence Chapel was built and a church was formed. Mr R Piggott became the pastor in 1872 and this Chapel was enlarged. However, in 1874, some members left and resolved to form another church. The congregation first met in Belle Vue Hall and in 1878, a church was formed. As the congregation increased, they carefully thought about building themselves a Chapel. A piece of land was purchased and Rehoboth Chapel was built in 1882. Over the years, improvements have been made to the building.
Text and photo courtesy of Alan Rayner.