In December 1908, a strict Baptist cause was founded by Mr. Patterson of West Norwood as a number of Bromley people used to travel to Forest Hill and to other places on the Lord's Day. After some years, a church was formed in 1924. Over the years, several places were used for services - in 1959 the YMCA building was rented and during this time the pulpit and pews from the closed Ebenezer Chapel were secured and in 1960, the building was bought outright and opening services were held in September of that year. In 1982, the church were approached by a property company who would build them a Chapel in Highland Road in exchange for the London Road site. This was agreed to and the present Chapel was opened in 1985.
Text and photo courtesy of Alan Rayner.