In 1815, a Chapel was built for the Protestant dissenters in Back Street and the church was formed in 1818. In 1845, a few friends left to build the present Chapel in Mill Road. The baptistry was built in the Chapel in 1889 and had to be filled by buckets. In recent years the gallery has been re-inforced, the floor has been replaced and new seats have been installed.
Text and photo courtesy of Alan Rayner.