Chapels

Melksham - Ebenezer

This chapel ceased from being on the Gospel Standard list of chapels in 1996.
P…

Norwich - Zoar

A Chapel was opened in St Mary's Plain in 1886 and another,Providence, in Pitt …

Nottingham - Hope

In 1815, some friends met in George Street Chapel and then in a room in Thurlan…

Oakington

The first Baptist congregation began in 1815 on an unknown site in the village.…

Peterborough - Salem

Since 1999 this has not been a Gospel Standard listed chapel.

Portsmouth - Salem

The church was formed in 1813 when seven members left the Baptist Church in Por…

Reading - Zoar

In 1858 four or five friends were led to join together for worship in a room in…

Redhill - Hope

Also known as Shaw's Corner.
Mr J Hatton is a name that will always be associat…

Redhill - Station Road

The cause was established by a few friends in Reigate who desired a place of wo…

Rotherfield - Providence

Bethel Chapel was built in 1850 and a church was formed in 1853. About this tim…

Rye - Bethel

was built in Mermaid Street in 1753. The present Bethel Chapel, which is locate…

Sedgley - Hope

Also known as Arcal Street.
The first Chapel was built of corrugated iron and a…

Shoreham - Providence

In 1814 Mr J Godsmark began preaching in his cottage, and in 1844 the friends t…

Southampton - Bethesda

The first Chapel was opened in 1856 in Northam Road by Mr Isbell and was called…

South Chard - Bethel

The church was formed in 1836 when 9 people were baptised by Mr Money. Until 19…

Staplehurst - Providence

The building was originally erected as a barn but was converted and registered …

Swanwick Shore

In 1835, friends met in a boat house which was converted into a meeting room. T…

Swindon - Rehoboth

In 1844, Providence Chapel was built and a church was formed. Mr R Piggott beca…